Friends of Paws in Prison educates inmates for greater responsibility and empathy through the rescue and training of shelter dogs to be adopted by the public.
Why we do what we do
- We believe in second chances, and that compassion can change the course of a life.
- We believe that by helping to heal another, an individual allows their own healing to begin.
- We believe that when you help someone else you make your own life better.
- We believe that nearly everything is possible.
How we do it
- We use positive reinforcement and gentle instruction throughout our animal training programs.
- We provide guided training and extensive hands-on experience, at a pace that is adapted to meet the needs of each individual.
- We give responsibility and then ensure that it is used well.
What is it that we do?
- We provide a unique training and learning program that uses rescue dogs in the rehabilitation of prison inmates. This is achieved by teaching the inmates how to care for the rescue dogs.
Existing projects and plans for the future
Our 'Hope Love Paws' logo: